This is great for green or under-ripe tomatoes. However you cook them, you will want to remove the core. For broiled or roasted tomatoes, slice them in half horizontally, or in 3/4″ thick slices.
– Green or under-ripe tomatoes
– Olive oil
– Salt, pepper to taste
– Thyme or rosemary
– Crumbled feta cheese
1. Pour a few tablespoons of olive oil in a large glass baking dish.
2. Add the cut tomatoes, and coat them in the oil. For broiled tomatoes, make sure the cut side faces up; for roast tomatoes, you want the cut side down.
3. Some nice variations are to add a few teaspoons of pickled capers (in this case, omit any salt) and/or some sliced or smashed fresh garlic. Thyme and/or rosemary add extra flavor.
4. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
5. Broil for about 10 – 15 minutes. If you are baking them, cook at 400 degrees for 20 – 30 minutes. For oven-roasting, you will cook them for 1 – 2 hours at 325 degrees.
6. Feta is wonderful on these, but again you will want to be careful not to over-salt them before cooking.