I love quiche, but I never make it… partly because I’m not much of a pastry chef, and partly because a whole quiche just feels like too much. My solution is a mini “quiche” that’s great for brunch or a quick grab and go breakfast.
You can make these in a muffin tin, if you have one. I use my mom’s custard cups, which are a little larger — so for me, this recipe makes 5.
1. Mix together:
– 6 eggs
– 1/2 c. rough chopped baby spinach
– 1 stalk celery, finely diced
– 1/4 c. crumbled feta cheese
– 2 Tb. sour cream
– Salt & pepper, to taste
2. Divide evenly between whatever container you’re using: ramekins, muffin tin, custard cups.
3. Bake in a preheated 350° oven for 15-25 minutes.
– I like to put the cups in a water bath, but this is optional.
– Green hot sauce is a delicious substitute for black pepper.