As the season warms up, it’s nice to have a cooling soup in your repertoire, especially one that’s packed with both nutrition and flavor. And it’s fast! This is a purely vegetarian and raw soup that pairs well with a wide variety of cooked food. I like it with food fresh off the grill, or any time I feel like I need a concentrated boost of greens to balance out a meal.
The key to this soup is the fresh greens and the lemon, but the bite comes from the garlic. If you don’t like raw garlic, roasted garlic gives a more mellow flavor.
1. In a blender put:
– 4 cups of loosely packed spinach
– 2 cups of vegetable broth
– 1 small clove of raw garlic (or 2 cloves roasted garlic)
– 1 TB fresh squeezed lemon juice
– 1 ripe avocado, peeled & pitted
2. Blend until smooth and creamy. You may need to push down the spinach a few times to get it fully blended.
3. Taste and season with salt if needed, and add pine nuts for garnish.