This one hits all my good buttons: it’s fast, easy, delicious, healthy, uses ingredients I usually have on hand, and is open to lots of variants to keep it lively. Yee-ha!
– 2 small avocados
– 3 seedless mini cucumbers
– Juice of 1/2 large lemon
– 1 small clove garlic
– 1/2 tsp dill weed
– Salt to taste
– 1 – 1 1/4 cup water
Put everything in your blender or food processor and blitz til smooth and creamy. Check seasoning; serve cold.
This is truly a “play as you go“ recipe; see below for ideas!
– Change the ratio of avocado to cucumber and/or the amount of lemon to suit your palate.
– Use vegetable or chicken stock instead of water.
– Add 1/2 tsp ground cumin and a dash of hot sauce to spice it up.
– Put some of the squeezed lemon pulp in to brighten up the citrus.
– A few leaves of fresh parsley or cilantro
– A dollop of Pico de Gallo, or regular salsa
– A dollop of creamy Greek yogurt or sour cream
– A thin slice of lemon or peeled cucumber
Have fun and enjoy!