1. Shuck your corn. Bring water to a boil in a large pot.
2. Once the water is boiling:
– add the corn,
– cover the lid,
– turn off the heat,
– walk away.
I’m serious. Leave it alone. In ten minutes or so it will be perfect, but it can sit for longer.
Dress it however you like it, but the classic butter & salt is hard to beat. In case you want to experiment, here are some ideas you may not have run across:
– Butter & black pepper
– Butter & lime juice
– Butter & green chile dust
– Butter, lime juice & red chile powder
– Butter & smoky paprika
– Lime juice on its own, or with any of the variants above
Have fun, and enjoy the last weeks of the summer corn!